Responsible for defining, analyzing, and performing complex technical reviews and analysis of programs, operations, or activities; research and analyze a variety of issues, data, recommendations, and alternatives. Knowledge of Yardi Voyager or similar housing software required.
Position: Housing Compliance Analyst
Work Hours: 7:30 A.M – 5:30 P.M.
Supervisor: Asst. Director of Occupancy and Housing Compliance
Final Filing Date: Open Until Filled
An official Housing Authority application form and resume must be submitted to the Human Resources Department. Applications are available online at hacsj.org and may be submitted by mail, in person, by email to email@example.com, or by Fax to (209) 460-5117.
- Applicants’ qualifications will be evaluated and applicants who clearly appear to be qualified in terms of job prerequisites are eligible to be invited to an interview. Examples of acceptable combinations of education, training, and experience include:
- 8 years of experience may be substituted for a BA degree.
- 4 years of experience may be substituted for an AA degree.
- The length of training and/or certificate program may be substituted on a 2:1 exchange of months attended for experience (2 months attendance equals 1 month of experience.)
- Quality ranking factors will be knowledge and ability, education, training and/or experience, and required skills necessary for successful job performance. Candidates will be rated on these and other factors and must receive a majority of acceptable ratings and an average rating of 70 or better to qualify for ranking.
- The final selection of candidates to fill these vacancies shall be made by the Executive Director from among those recommended, in accordance with the evaluation of the candidates relative to the needs of the Authority. An eligible/promotional list (if applicable to the posted position) will be established. However, when there are less than three (3) names on the list or the list has been in place for over one (1) year, or when it is necessary to modify the position description, the Executive Director may require a new list.
Essential Job Functions
(If necessary, individuals with disabilities are encouraged to request reasonable recommendations to assist them in performing the functions of this position).
- Research, compile, analyze data and prepare comprehensive reports, compile information to be used in special projects and reports.
- Assists in the development of department policies and procedures to assure compliance with Federal, State, and local directives and statutes and, as applicable, procedures for department activities and programs.
- Assist with data collection for SEMAP and REAC compliance submission; prepare reports.
- Evaluates Authority programs through management audits of field operations, and makes written recommendations for staff and operational improvements to enhance policy compliance and efficiency.
- Assist in analyzing and monitoring utilization of budget authority; analyze trends; develop and implement leasing strategy; forecast and monitor units leased ensuring compliance with budget authority; submit regular reports on activity.
- Prepare and administer contracts and memoranda of understanding related to various housing programs and projects.
- Perform quality control audits of caseload to ensure correct calculations and compliance with regulatory requirements and deadlines.
- Develops and administers training programs as they relate to program policies, regulations, and procedures including reviewing regulation changes, revising manuals, preparing forms, preparing training packages, and providing follow-up directions, as necessary.
- Prepare grant proposals related to programs, according to funding source requirements; monitor approved grants to ensure compliance with conditions and regulations; maintain appropriate documentation and records; participate in audits conducted by grant authority.
Minimum Education, Training, and/or Experience
- Graduation from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of four years of professional experience as an Auditor or Analyst in a similar environment.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the required knowledge and abilities, may be substituted on a two for one basis.
- Must have extensive experience in Yardi Voyager or similar housing software.
- Must have proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to work, move, or carry objects or materials such as files, computer printouts, reports, calculators, office supplies, etc.
- Must possess and maintain an applicable California Driver’s License and a driving record acceptable to the Authority’s insurance carrier.