Seasonal Migrant Center Clerk
OPEN JOB POSTING
January 31st, 2023
Under the direct supervision of the Migrant Center Manager, the Center Clerk performs skilled general office duties at the migrant center. Individual must demonstrate knowledge of typing, filing, phone etiquette and other general office abilities.
This is a seasonal position and work is available from mid-March to mid-December.
$19 per hour
|Migrant Center Manager
|14320 E. Harney Lane, Lodi, CA 95240;
333 W. Mathews Road, French Camp, CA 95231; or
777 W. Mathews Road, French Camp, CA 95231
Essential Job Functions & Required Knowledge
Essential Job Functions
(If necessary, individuals with disabilities are encouraged to request reasonable accommodations to assist them in performing the essential functions of this position.)
- Bilingual-must be able to read and speak Spanish.
- Sort and file tenant files and records.
- Type letters using typewriter or computer. May transcribe letters from notes.
- Operate office machines such as copiers, fax machines, and computers.
- Answer telephones, deliver messages, and run errands.
- Send, open, route, and answer mail.
- Talk to customers, employees, and others to give information.
- Receive, distribute, compute, and manage maintenance work orders in Yardi.
- Handle customer complaints.
- Take inventory of equipment and supplies. May order supplies when stock is low.
- Prepare, examine, and verify documents and/or work orders and resident files for completeness, accuracy, computation, and clarity.
Required Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of general office skills.
- Knowledge of how to operate general office equipment.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety precautions of the assigned work and work area.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, residents, contractors, and the public.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate both verbal and in writing.
Job Competencies and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each competency satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job competencies.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a calm demeanor.
- Capacity to set priorities in the presence of conflicting needs in consultation with supervisor.
- Strong self-awareness and sense of limitations.
- Appropriate professional and personal boundaries with high integrity along with the ability to maintain professional attitude and appearance always.
- Proven ability to work independently and as an effective and collaborative member of a team.
Client Services – Provides timely, courteous, and quality service to an individual whether internal or external by anticipating individual needs, following through on commitments and ensuring that our clients have been heard.
Initiative – Proactively seeks solutions to resolve unexpected challenges. Actively assists others without formal/informal direction. Possesses the capacity to learn and actively seeks developmental feedback. Applies feedback for continued growth by mastering concepts needed to perform work.
Professional Behavior – Exhibits positive, polite, courteous, honest, and conscientious behavior with all internal/external clients. Accepts responsibility for actions and adjusts behavior as appropriate.
Communication – Employee is clear, concise, and organized in all facets of communication to fully transfer understanding. Actively listens and ability to adapt messaging. Strives to communicate information with appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
Teamwork – Actively and collaboratively participates, despite personal differences, towards a common goal. Employee is open to new ideas and/or approaches. Employee is aware of changes that impact internal and external customers and effectively communicates the impact when working as a team.
Integrity – Employee is honest with oneself, coworkers, and clients. Stands up for what is right even in the face of opposition.
Safety Awareness – Employee is cognizant of his/her surroundings. Follows proper safety procedures and considers the safety of self and others. Identifies, communicates, and assists in the correction of any safety concerns where appropriate.
Reliability & Judgment – Employee demonstrates sound reasoning and critical thinking by making decisions in line with established Agency expectations. Performs work in a reliable manner that is both accurate and timely.
Minimum Education, Training, and Experience
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- At least six (6) months to one (1) year experience in general office work.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the required knowledge and abilities, may be substituted on a two for one basis.
- Ability to work while standing or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluently in Spanish required.
Download, complete and submit the Housing Authority Job Application to the information below:
Human Resources Department
C/O Corina Marquez
2575 Grand Canal Blvd. Suite 220
Stockton, CA 95207
For more information about DCDC Job Opportunities, refer to our Employment Opportunities page.